AIRLIVEAIRLIVE
  • News
  • Emergency
  • Accident
  • Incident
  • Tracking
  • Blog
  • Report
  • Military
  • Space
  • CamsLIVE
  • Store
    • T-shirts
    • Hat
    • Models
    • Toys
    • Boeing
    • Airbus
    • Space
    • My Account
    • Order tracking
0

No products in the cart.

Notification Show More
AIRLIVEAIRLIVE
0
Search
  • News
  • Emergency
  • Accident
  • Incident
  • Tracking
  • Blog
  • Report
  • Military
  • Space
  • CamsLIVE
  • Store
    • T-shirts
    • Hat
    • Models
    • Toys
    • Boeing
    • Airbus
    • Space
    • My Account
    • Order tracking
Follow US
AIRLIVE Aviation news network
Get aviation breaking news on WhatsApp
AIRLIVE > All articles > MH370 > Final report on #MH370 finds ‘initially similar’ route on pilot’s flight simulator
MH370News

Final report on #MH370 finds ‘initially similar’ route on pilot’s flight simulator

AIRLIVE contibutors
Last updated: October 3, 2017, 21:11 UTC
Published: Tuesday, October 3, 2017, at 21:30 UTC
Category: MH370 News
Author: AIRLIVE contibutors
SHARE

The captain of the Malaysian Airlines aircraft that vanished somewhere in the southern Indian Ocean with 239 people on board had flown a route on his home flight simulator six weeks earlier that was “initially similar” to the one actually taken, Australian authorities said on Tuesday.

The details were contained in a 440-page final report by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) on the unsuccessful search for flight MH370.

But the simulated aircraft track was inconsistent with those modelled using satellite signal data from MH370, the report said.

However, the ATSB said there were enough similarities to the flight path of MH370 for the agency to carefully consider the possible implications for the underwater search area, including whether it glided after fuel exhaustion or was ditched in a controlled manner.

Aircraft debris found later indicated the flaps were most likely retracted, which wasn’t consistent with a controlled ditching, the report said.

On 8 March 2014, a Boeing 777 aircraft operated as Malaysia Airlines flight 370 (MH370) was lost during a flight from Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia to Beijing in the People’s Republic of China carrying 12 crew and 227 passengers.

The search for the missing aircraft commenced on 8 March 2014 and continued for 1,046 days until 17 January 2017 when it was suspended in accordance with a decision made by a tripartite of Governments, being Malaysia, Australia and the People’s Republic of China.

ByAIRLIVE contibutors
Follow:
Since its founding in 2014, AIRLIVE has grown into one of the most trusted aviation news networks in the world, thanks to the dedication and expertise of its diverse team of contributors from across the globe. AIRLIVE’s crew include aviation journalists, air traffic analysts, airport insiders and aviation enthusiasts.
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

LATEST NEWS

British Airways BA274 from Las Vegas is declaring an emergency on approach to London Heathrow
Emergency Europe Tracking UK
August 18, 2026
British Airways Airbus A350-1041
BA BA274 G-XWBL LHR
A Delta pilot requested to stay low after departure from Austin to fly over his kids in the pool
News Tracking USA
August 18, 2026
Delta Air Lines Airbus A319-114
AUS DL DL1982 N337NB
ATSB reveals a 33-centimeter maintenance light was left in the wing of a Qantas A380
Australia News
August 18, 2026
Qantas Airbus A380-800
QF SYD VH-OQK
Tire skid marks suggest a potential disaster was narrowly averted at Munich this weekend
Europe Germany Incident News
August 17, 2026
Vietnam Airlines Boeing 787-9
MUC VN VN34 VNA867
Lavatory leak spreading in cabin forced Delta DL81 from Paris to divert to London
Europe Tracking UK
August 16, 2026
Delta Air Lines Airbus A330-941
DL DL81 LHR N410DZ
All flights to Milan, Italy are currently diverting to Rome and Turin
Europe Tracking
August 16, 2026

Related news

Middle EastNews

UAE carrier resumes overflights of Iranian airspace

August 17, 2026
EuropeNews

Iberia to livestream solar eclipse from Airbus A321XLR flying at 33,000 ft

August 12, 2026
NewsUSA

American Airlines grounded all departures nationwide due to an IT outage

July 29, 2026
AustraliaFranceNewsTracking

This Airbus A350-1000ULR is flying for 24h and has hit Mach 1 ground speed 3h after takeoff

July 27, 2026
AIRLIVE.net is an Aviation news network supported by a team of journalists and aviation enthusiasts.
Add AIRLIVE as Google preferred source
Since 2014, AIRLIVE.net has been publishing accurate aviation news and live updates from our sources around the world. This has led to the creation of the largest aviation community on social media.
Eyewitness to an event?
Alert AIRLIVE's newsdesk on WhatsApp
AIRLIVEAIRLIVE
Follow US
Copyright AIRLIVE 2026
  • Contact
  • Submit a story
  • Privacy policy
  • Return policy
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?